Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

Thread: Bandwidth

Pumazooma is offline Senior Member

Default Bandwidth

I've recently renewed my 50Gb a month package but looking around some other hosting companies many are starting to offer 10 or 20 times that amount for similar prices.

Are there any plans for you to increase the bandwidth on each package?

James is offline Sales Manager

I've recently renewed my 50Gb a month package but looking around some other hosting companies many are starting to offer 10 or 20 times that amount for similar prices.
    We don't oversell our services. We setup limited number of accounts per server to prevent overloading of the servers to offer the best uptime and performance to all the clients whose accounts are hosted on those server. I can imagine how much uptime they will offer if they are giving 10 (500GB) or 20 (1TB) times bandwidth for ££ / Month.

Are there any plans for you to increase the bandwidth on each package?
    In last month we have increased the amount of space/bandwidth for all the Linux shared hosting packages.
    WebHosting.UK.com :: Leader in Web Hosting
    cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | CLOUD HOSTING
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with Real-time Monitoring
    Great Opportunity:: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn up to 350 per sale.
    Follow Us on Twitter and FaceBook

BillyBobBongo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We don't oversell our services. We setup limited number of accounts per server to prevent overloading of the servers.....
    Perhaps you should drop you allocation then....since you've never been able to maintain 99.95% uptime?!
    Some things in life are priceless....
    ....for every thing else there's Tequila!

Administrator is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBobBongo View Post
    Perhaps you should drop you allocation then....since you've never been able to maintain 99.95% uptime?!
    one of our server had major outage before 2 months and 1 vps hosting node at the same time but all other servers have maintained more than 99.95% uptime.

We are running hosting Business and shared servers can never keep 100% uptime for years. You are bound to see one odd month once in a year.

You should consider our Dedicated Server plans if you need 100% uptime throughout the year.
    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

v.jenner is offline new member

Other companies might offer higher bandwidth etc, but you need to ask yourself the question whether they are not overselling in the hope that other users do not use their allocated space and bandwidth. This is bad practice and I rather have allocated space and knowing that my hosting company do not oversell space and that I get what I pay for and have maximum uptime.

For all it cost now, a managed linux vps server cost me £20 a month for the starter package and is not much more than the shared hosting packages. I have a VPS starter myself and I have not experienced any downtime at all.

I would recommend VPS or Dedicated servers to all those who are serious about their web presence.

Administrator is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by v.jenner View Post
    Other companies might offer higher bandwidth etc, but you need to ask yourself the question whether they are not overselling in the hope that other users do not use their allocated space and bandwidth. This is bad practice and I rather have allocated space and knowing that my hosting company do not oversell space and that I get what I pay for and have maximum uptime.

For all it cost now, a managed linux vps server cost me 20 a month for the starter package and is not much more than the shared hosting packages. I have a VPS starter myself and I have not experienced any downtime at all.

I would recommend VPS or Dedicated servers to all those who are serious about their web presence.
    Some customers are hosting their websites with us for the first time and if they face any downtime then they start criticizing us all the time. I wish they had some experience with other providers.

Earlier we were leasing servers from US based Datacenter ( EV1 ) and once we had 11 days downtime with one of our server in year 2003. We questioned them and they didn't bother to give any sort of explanation.

50% customers hosted on that server had canceled by that time and we were left with memories of those bloody 11 days. We care for Business of our customers as we know what losses we have had due to downtime and what sort of customers we have lost in past due to downtime.
    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

v.jenner is offline new member

I have experience with quite a few other hosts myself and know what it is like when it comes to shared hosting with less then bonafide companies, the overselling and badly managed hosting that comes with it and rather lack of support. I was pretty naive in the beginning and all was very scary, but have learned as I went along.

It is just not attainable (these companies dissappear just as quick as they start, including your sites dissappearing - with quite a few of them on Ebay) and rather pay a bit for my hosting with the ensured managed allocated space, where overselling is not practiced and where the company has been around for quite a few years and a good support structure.

These are good indicators when looking for a host.

I finally stumbled upon Webhosting UK who had these qualities and is the best move I have made, not because I want browniepoints, but because of my experience with other webhosts and what I have experienced with Webhosting UK in terms of support, not to mention the great uptime.

Downtime can happen anywhere and with any host and I know that Webhosting UK will do anything to solve these problems if they occur. I have send quite a few support tickets because I am not really familiar handling technical stuff on the server or even uploading software, but all my tickets have always been solved and actioned within the day and I can't really ask for more.

Thread Information