Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

Thread: 2 eshops. Souvenirs and Collectibles

yello is offline Member

Default 2 eshops. Souvenirs and Collectibles

I have designed and developed (using oscommerce core but making my own distribution with many many changes) these 2 eshops:

First one is about Greek Souvenirs

Second one is about Collectibles

Both hosted here btw

Do you like them?

Dan
    Dan is offline Got root?

I love the designs Yello!

I have a Greek friend, I'll pop him the link to your shop and let him browse around.
    Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
    Support: 0800-612-8725
    International: +44 191 303 8191

yello is offline Member

Thank you! I am also Greek by the way If you need advice for vacation during next summertime let me know

Harry is offline Sales Team

Yeah, both are cool designs !!!
    I am impressed and may order few Stone Replicas like " Alexander the Great " or " Leonidas of Sparta "
    All the Best
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

IanSmithISA is offline Senior Member

Good morning,

I looked at Greek Souvenirs and cosmetically it is nice, however I am confused about who your target audience is.

As a casual viewer I got bored very quickly, despite being more persistent that I would usually be I found that I was just looking at a list of products and not really understanding what was on offer.

For example take your product_id 783

Jug

as a casual viewer all I see is a small jug, 21cm high for 60 Euros plus p&p, why would I want to pay this amount? I am not saying that it is good or bad value, just at 80Euros including p&p I would need a very good reason to purchase it.

In the UK there is something called the Distance Selling Regulations

The Office of Fair Trading: Distance Selling Regulations

Although these do not apply to you as you are selling from Greece, you might want to explicitly point this out to UK customers otherwise you may find some unhappy customers. One of the most important aspects of these regulations is the right to return a product for a full refund without having to give a reason and the refund must include the original post and packing. Many online sellers in the UK also get the bit about P&P wrong.

Clicking on some objects to purchase, for example
    Backgammon
    gave me some Greek text below the objects size.

I am not sure about the 30Euro minimum order value, if there was free shipping then I could understand it. Once you add p&p you are forcing a new customer into a minimum 50Euro spend which is quite high.

As a side issue there are a number of minor spelling errors on the home page that jumped out at me, on the items to the left of the screen there is Jewelry not Jewellery, tableclothes not tablecloths and under the chess option there is backgamon not backgammon.

Bye

Ian

yello is offline Member

Thank you very much for your review! I already corrected the errors you mentioned.

Now, regarding the pricing policy, i will let my client know but as far as i am concerned, these pieces (like the jug you mentioned) are mostly handcrafted and not mass-production related. That is why some of them seem to be expensive. They are Greek and genuine.

There are some swindlers here in Greece who import Greek souvenirs from China and then they sell them to tourists! Greeksouvenirshop is not like them.

Harry is offline Sales Team

Quote Originally Posted by yello View Post
    There are some swindlers here in Greece who import Greek souvenirs from China and then they sell them to tourists! Greeksouvenirshop is not like them.
    Ohh.... That's very true. Products from China are adversely hitting world economy
    We should not use such imported products from China. Usually they are of no quality & value but are cheaper hence are attractive
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

yello is offline Member

I don't blame Chinese products, some of them may be nice, but you cannot sell "Greek" products made in China!!!

heartmotion is offline new member

I think for the greek souvenirs site, it is very nice. Plus it is user friendly. The navigations are very neat too.
    However, I find the photos don't look that good with subjects and a blue boring background. Other than that, I think that website is pretty cool.
    Now I think both sites have nice designs, something simple and not over the top which I like!

Thread Information