Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

Thread: how to connect mysql server remotely

williams_k is offline Senior Member

Default how to connect mysql server remotely

Hi,

I just have a question in my mind that can i connect to the mysql server remotely. Is this type of configuration settings possible to do so...? What are the basic requirement to do so..

WHUK-Brent is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by williams_k View Post
    Hi,

I just have a question in my mind that can i connect to the mysql server remotely. Is this type of configuration settings possible to do so...? What are the basic requirement to do so..
    Yes, you can connect Mysql server remotely.
    To access database remotely, on server side Mysql port should be open to accept incoming connection.

If you are on cPanel server then you can login to cPanel >> Go to Remote Mysql and add your local machine IP address.

Doing this will add your IP address to allowed list of remote mysql server access.

Next, to access database remotely you will need mysql client installed on your machine (Computer).
    You can find multiple free Mysql client available on Google.
    Once this is installed, you will need to specify database host, database name, database user, database password and mysql port in Mysql client.

That's All
    WhUK-BrEnT

williams_k is offline Senior Member

First of all thanks for the information you have provided to me ,i just need to check as my internet service provider gives me a dynamic ip address. So did you fell that i can use taht ip without any problem.

I hope a got a clue regrading the issue .

WHUK-Brent is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by williams_k View Post
    First of all thanks for the information you have provided to me ,i just need to check as my internet service provider gives me a dynamic ip address. So did you fell that i can use taht ip without any problem.

I hope a got a clues regrading the issue .
    If you have dynamic IP address, In this case you can use a wild card in remote database section i.e Simply add character % instead of IP address. This will save your time of adding a new IP address every time.
    WhUK-BrEnT

Ethan Nelson is offline new member

Yes, you can do so by taking SQL Server hosting service from a cloud computing and application hosting service provider. Application hosting service provider will perform all the technical tasks that are involved in setting your remote server. MySQL and MS SQL Server hosting service vendor takes full care of your software via its 24 by 7 support services.

Thread Information