Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

Thread: Strange problems accessing my site/server

acwatts is offline Senior Member

Question Strange problems accessing my site/server

A while ago my server went down, live chat told me someone was creating loads of connections (attacking the server) The server was shut down for the day to stop the connections.
    Once the site came back on line I was unable to access the site/server WHM or ftp from my ip address so had to use vpn software to use a different ip so I could access my site, I tried a trace route from my ip and it always stopped on the edge of Virgin media (My isp).
    Anyway I recently upgraded servers and as the new server was a different ip address I could access it again without needing ip hiding software. Everything was fine until this morning when all of a sudden I lost access to my site again, I tried the vpn ip software and was back on.

The difference this time is, I can still do a complete trace route to my ip address, (although it does not show my domain with my ip address) I can still access WHM and use ftp all from my ip address. But I cannot access my site unless I mask my ip address.
    I am at a complete loss as to where to look to see why this is happening to me.
    Any suggestions, ideas to try to solve this mystery. ?

WiPaul is offline new member

Hello ,

Is your IP a static IP , also let us know your IP address so that we can put the IP in the allow list of the firewall . We appreciate your Patience .

Regards,
    WHUK-Paul.
    Dedicated Support Department.

Quote Originally Posted by WiPaul View Post
    Hello ,

Is your IP a static IP , also let us know your IP address so that we can put the IP in the allow list of the firewall . We appreciate your Patience .
    Hi

Yes my ip is static, I have added it to my server allow list but it did not make any difference.

My ip address is 86.3.5.133 please check that it is not blocked at your perimeter.

Thanks

Rsync-Wget is offline VPS Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by acwatts View Post
    My ip address is 86.3.5.133 please check that it is not blocked at your perimeter.

Thanks
    I have forwarded this issue to our senior network engineers for investigation and will update you as soon as receive any update from them.
    Regards,
    RsyNc-Wget
    VPS Support Team

Hello,

Our Network Engineers need some confirmation regarding your server, so I have generated a support ticket for you having Ticket ID HNP-68453-894. Please reply in your ticket so that we can proceed further accordingly.
    Regards,
    RsyNc-Wget
    VPS Support Team

I have access again.

Quote Originally Posted by acwatts View Post
    I have access again.
    Hello,

Thanks for the confirmation.
    Regards,
    RsyNc-Wget