Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

View Poll Results: What premium laptop would you buy?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asus Zenbook

1 12.50%
  • Acer Aspire S3

0 0%
  • MacBook Air

7 87.50%
  • HP Folio

0 0%

Thread: What premium laptop would you rather buy?

Ben Stones is offline Administrator

Default What premium laptop would you rather buy?

Vote in the poll! What laptop would you rather buy? State what you voted for .

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook (~899)

(Image from johnlewis.com)

MacBook Air 13" (~1,099)

(Image from notebooks.com)

HP Folio 13 (~899)

(Image from hp.com)

Asus Zenbook (~849)

(Image from slashgear.com)

I would hope to think Asus would negate the need to put Windows and other brand stickers onto the palm rest area. Have manufacturers learned yet how annoying many customers find that?

Anyway, so what would you choose? Personally, I'd choose the MacBook Air because I have used Macs before and they're very good machines. Well built and has the OS X operating system which is good.
    Regards,
    Ben Stones

Need to contact us?

Support - 0808 262 0606 or
    support.webhosting.uk.com

Customer Relations - 0808 262 0855 or

Sales - 0800 862 0890 or sales@webhosting.uk.com

Contact
    ben@webhosting.uk.com

Harry is offline Sales Team

Indeed, even I'd choose the "MacBook Air" although it's bit expensive but worth spending. I use to cut/edit videos on Apple using FCP which was the best platform i had ever used in the past.
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Indeed, even I'd choose the "MacBook Air" although it's bit expensive but worth spending. I use to cut/edit videos on Apple using FCP which was the best platform i had ever used in the past.
    It is indeed expensive, but I think right now the only good option with the Intel-dubbed "Ultrabook" category is Apple. No other manufacturer perfects things in the way Apple are able to do, because they also create the operating system and various software applications. The keyboard is perfect, the touchpad is perfect, the screen is perfect. But with other ultrabooks some of them may be good but reviewers have also criticised certain aspects of these notebooks including the touchpad, which isn't on par with the MacBook Air in accuracy, sensitivity, multi-touch gestures, etc.
    Regards,
    Ben Stones

Need to contact us?

Contact
    ben@webhosting.uk.com

Pumazooma is offline Senior Member

I'd have the Apple in a heartbeat. Much nicer to use.

Harry is offline Sales Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pumazooma View Post
    I'd have the Apple in a heartbeat. Much nicer to use.
    Right, but for a newbie who had just heard of MAC machines may find it difficult to use it for sometime due it's unique interface and flow.
    Personally, when i used it for the first time (few years ago) i had referred 'MAC OS Dummies' so as to get started with
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Rachael is offline Marketing Team

I agree with you Harry but Mac machines have a user friendly and simple interface that enables the users to get accustomed quickly. Moreover it provides with a wide range of applications for the convenience of the users and its handy, can be carried anywhere with ease. I think the best aspect of Mac machines is the battery life, its amazing!

BbsFactory is offline new member

HP is a bit overpriced I think, but their machines are realy well built. If that doesn't mayyet much, i would buy the Asus or Acer

Quote Originally Posted by BbsFactory View Post
    HP is a bit overpriced I think, but their machines are realy well built. If that doesn't mayyet much, i would buy the Asus or Acer
    I can't really comment on whether the HP laptop shown is overpriced or not unless I try it and know exactly what the specs are of the machine. That said, it's usually Apple that gets branded as being overpriced compared to other manufacturers. I don't think HP overcharges more than if any other manufacturer does. Laptops aren't just 50 to make. I wouldn't be surprised if a high quality laptop like the ones shown here cost in the region of 250 to 350 to produce. I could be wrong and it is purely a price guess.

I think the Apple laptop is the best one out of them all, but the other Ultrabooks out there aren't that bad at all, but they don't come close to the perfection in the MacBook Air. I think Apple has done a great job with the MacBook Air.
    Regards,
    Ben Stones

Need to contact us?

Contact
    ben@webhosting.uk.com

DPS Computing is offline Senior Member

I had to vote for the MacBook Air naturally .

I've had very bad experiences with my last Acer laptop so I'd be very loathed to go with them again in the near future.

Thread Information