Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

Thread: PHP Includes Problem

altom55 is offline new member

Default PHP Includes Problem

The last few days Ive spent trying to get a php include to work on the index page of my site.

I have a folder with a file that Im trying to call but it does not show up. Hosting support cannot help me with code, so Ill ask here.

Ive tried it with all sorts of dots and forward slashes combinations but the php include does not work. My site is an HTML site, maybe thats a problem but I was told this is perfectly OK.

I think this is the right path for the index page - I think

Any sort of help would be much appreciated
    Regards A
    Last edited by altom55; 31-05-12 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Insert Code

Rachael is offline Marketing Team

Hello,

We will need some details from you in order to look into this. It would be great if you could provide us with the details of the actual directory for which you are facing the issue. You can raise a support ticket and mention the directory details, also mention the url for which you are facing the issue. We will update the ticket as soon as possible.

hockeychap is offline Junior Member

Default PHP includes

A,

Have just read your post. If I understand your post correctly your trying to use an statement like:
    Code:
    include './functionlibrary/myfunctions.php'

This code would look for a 'myfunctions.php' file in a 'functionlibrary' directory relative to where your page is.

The second part of your post seems to say that you are trying to put this statement in an html file. That won't work as .html are straightforward markup files that the server simply transmits. If you want to get the server to include the .php file and then execute its contents before sending the resulting html to the user, you will need to create an initial .php file to put the include statment in and then call that.

Drop me a PM if that doesn't make any sense or you need any further clarification.

Cheers
    Justin

I have had no luck with support as this is a "code" related problem and support told me to look elsewhere for an answer. I have tried to put code in this sentence but it deletes the whole page and text too.

hockeychap is offline Junior Member

A,

Yep, attaching code can be a problem. I've attached a text file which has some example code for you. You'll need to save the top section as a .php file (typically index.php) and the bottom section as myfunc.php

Cheers
    Justin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for that but I mean attaching code in this thread with my text. I dont know how to include it in the message editor

Thread Information