Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area

Thread: R1Soft on reseller account

Chandler is offline Member

Default R1Soft on reseller account

Hi,

I am interested in getting a reseller hosting account. In my earlier reseller account, I implemented various offsite backup plans on my client's accounts through rsync. I have some queries that have been listed below:

1. Will there be a direct backup for the database along with the folders present in my account?

2. Is it possible to convert my current offsite arrangement into an R1Soft package or is it necessary for me to wait until the renewal of the account?

3. Is it possible to copy a database through R1Sioft to a folder in the reseller hosting account so that download can be done using FTP as an additional backup?

4. Will I get root access for the reseller hosting account?

It would be great if someone can answer all these questions. I am also looking for a new Linux based reseller hosting account.

Thanks

WHUK-Stan is offline Administrator

Let me try and answer your questions one-by-one :

1. Will there be a direct backup for the database along with the folders present in my account?
    Ans. : Yes, with R1Soft Continuous Data Protection (CDP 3.0) you can expect bit-level disk-based data protection. Such a set-up ensures that you have a backup of individual files present over the server.

2. Is it possible to convert my current offsite arrangement into an R1Soft package or is it necessary for me to wait until the renewal of the account?
    Ans. : There is no need to convert anything, once you sign-up for R1Soft CDP 3.0, you can start backing up the server instantly. Could you please elaborate your question about renewal of the account ?

3. Is it possible to copy a database through R1Sioft to a folder in the reseller hosting account so that download can be done using FTP as an additional backup?
    Ans. : CDP offers a point-in-time snapshot of the disk volume, the management console allows you to download the backup instance whenever required, so should serve your purpose.

4. Will I get root access for the reseller hosting account?
    Ans. If you intend to have root access to the server, you should consider a VPS or higher web hosting solution. Though we can make an arrangement for a jailed shell access with our reseller hosting services, which is only upon request.

If you have any further questions in this, please let us know, we'd be glad to offer assistance.

Thread Information