Start a Chat Sales: 0800 862 0890 Client Area
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is shared cloud hosting?

FelixUK is offline new member

Default What is shared cloud hosting?

Greetings everyone. I'm new here and looking at the quality of these forum pages, I feel I will find answers here. I recently heard about shared cloud hosting. I'm not sure if this is just a marketing gimmick or a real concept.

Can you guys tell me anything you know about shared cloud hosting?

ReeveM is offline new member

Default What is shared cloud hosting?

hey Felix... sure we will try to answer any questions you might have.
    Shared cloud hosting is a relatively new and less known concept. I have done some reading on this and this is what I understand of it.
    Shared cloud hosting is a shared hosting service where all your data is stored in a cloud server.
    As I understand it, this technology offers shared hosting in a completely virtualized environment of the cloud.

I hope this helps. Others are welcome to share their views on this concept as I find it quite interesting.

thanks Reeve. It is a bit clear to me now. So its just an improvisation of the shared hosting with use of cloud computing technology. But I wonder - will this take off in the hosting market? What are the advantages of shared cloud?
    How many good hosting providers are offering shared cloud hosting services at the moment?

Katie9 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FelixUK View Post
    thanks Reeve. It is a bit clear to me now. So its just an improvisation of the shared hosting with use of cloud computing technology. But I wonder - will this take off in the hosting market? What are the advantages of shared cloud?
    How many good hosting providers are offering shared cloud hosting services at the moment?
    From what I understand yes that is what cloud shared hosting is. But as the website says the set up is similar to cloud servers. I think it will be very popular. There are also users who looks for 100% uptime just for a single website.

WHUKSam is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FelixUK View Post

The main advantage of cloud shared hosting is the 100% uptime on the cloud.
    Regards
    Sam
    Asst. System Admin
    VPS Support Team

Gracie is offline Member

I agree and personally like the concept of shared cloud hosting. This is an ideal solution for people who need 100% uptime for a single blog or web site. If it isn't getting huge traffic doesn't mean it can afford downtime,

brobert is offline Member

Yes sounds good to me as well. This is similar to having a load balancing solution for a website which doesn't really get that much traffic but still needs 100% uptime. Cloud shared plans sound really good to me.

rocky123 is offline Senior Member

To reduce or eliminate the downtime of a website a IT administrators always find different ways. The cloud hosting also provide an efficient way for minimize the downtime of a website. The flexible virtualization environment which is very helpful to minimize the impact of scheduled and unscheduled downtime and add an additional dimension of value to virtualizing and merge multiple server workloads to maintain the traffic of a website.

forexmanaged12 is offline new member

Default Shared cloud hosting

Shared cloud hosting guarantee you 99% uptime.

Gracie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by forexmanaged12 View Post
    Shared cloud hosting guarantee you 99% uptime.
    Why did you say 99%? We all know that 100% uptime is the key word linked to cloud servers. Cloud servers guarantee 100% uptime.

Ross is offline Sales Team

Yes, our Shared Cloud offers 100% uptime guarantee and its the key feature of Cloud Plans, as many clients gets attracted to it just because of 100% guaranteed uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Yes, our shared cloud offers 100% uptime guarantee and its the key feature of Cloud Plans, as many clients gets attracted to it just because of 100% guaranteed uptime.
    so would this mean that webhosting uk is now offering shared cloud hosting services? this would be great news. I haven't seen any new announcement/page about this yet. is it already started or yet to start?

Yes, we have launched a new Plan called as a Shared Cloud where clients will get the features of Cloud Environment by paying much less cost than our Normal Cloud Hosting plans. Shared Cloud's setup is also done on a Cluster of servers same like that of the Dedicated Cloud's. You can refer the below link to get a better idea about the Shared Cloud Hosting plans.

Shared Cloud.

thats great news! thanks, will surely check out the page. you guys should promote it better if this is such a cheap and great hosting option for customers.

just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

We have just launched it and our Marketing team is taking care of all the promotions needed. We will be promoting our Shared Cloud in the coming days.
    Last edited by Brad2011; 15-10-11 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information